|[Position No Longer Available]||Forward Print|
|Job Location(s):||Garner, IA|
|Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Starting Salary Range:|
|Required Education:||High School or Equivalent|
|Required Experience:||1 year|
|Required Security Clearance:||None|
|Related Categories:||Production - General, Skilled Trades - General|
The Commercial segment is a leading manufacturer of refuse collection vehicles, front and rear discharge concrete mixers, portable and stationary concrete batch plants, field service vehicles, and truck mounted cranes. All backed by 24/7 support, our segment's brands consist of McNeilus, CON-E-CO, London Machinery, and IMT. Oshkosh - Commercial leads it's industries in both innovation & quality.
Oshkosh Commercial is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Responsible for painting and touching up painted metal parts and/or finished products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Prime, paint, and touchup vehicles with power spray equipment and brushes.
2. Mask, unmask, or adjust masking as necessary to ensure specifications are met.
3. Sand, wash, and condition parts as necessary. Light bodywork may be required.
4. Disassemble, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble painting equipment, such as pumps, paint heaters, tanks, spray guns, etc. for proper operation.
5. Flush tanks, hoses and guns prior to color changeovers.
6. Mix all types of paints for proper color, formula, conditions, viscosity and consistency.
7. Perform titrations and mix or adjust chemicals as necessary in paint, zinc, or other processes.
8. Apply decals, stencils, and rustproofing as required.
9. Upkeep of work area and equipment which may include preventative maintenance tasks.
10. Inspect product before, during, after paint process to ensure specifications are being met.
11. Transport, move or guide parts, subassemblies, or assemblies before, during, or after paint process and to next operation. This may include moving racks or carts by hand and the use of material handling equipment such as a fork lift or overhead crane.
12. Other duties as assigned or required.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of 1 year experience in the painting of automotive or heavy vehicle/equipment in a manufacturing, industrial, or automotive body shop. Strong mathematical skills. Basic mechanical aptitude
* Experience priming and/or painting efficiently and with high quality
* Sanding and scraping experience beneficial
* Ability to use a power washer and caulk gun
* Previous paint experience with plural component products helpful
CRITICAL PHYSICAL AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
* Safety glasses and safety shoes required at all times. Respirator required when painting and during some paint prep activities. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal opportunities for all employees and applicants. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation is also a federal contractor which takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, disabled veterans, and veterans of the Vietnam era. Any employee or applicant for employment who is qualified under the applicable regulations will be covered under our affirmative action program by providing this information to the Company. Submission of this information is voluntary, will be kept confidential, and is not a requirement for employment.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.