The Project Engineer will design and develop components and subsystems that achieve customer satisfaction and project goals in the areas of Quality & Reliability, New Product Development, Cost Reduction, and Performance & Functional enhancements. Position manages assigned projects.
Duties as both an individual contributor and a team leader include but are not limited to:
- Preparing and completing designs, layouts, drawings for specific elements of products being developed and/or improved per project plan and scheduling consistent with assigned project and product line objective.
- Using appropriate engineering techniques and considering Manufacturing processes and technology to produce cost effective designs considering applicable safety and environmental regulations and standards.
- Requesting support from and providing necessary inputs to Engineering Services to ensure timely completion of project elements, to resolve problems and obtain information for optimum design.
- Performing engineering calculations to determine the size and strength of parts, solve design problems and checking computations contributing to analytical designs.
- Resolving functional and mechanical problems on assigned elements of projects.
- Traveling to plants, supplier facilities, Product Evaluation and customer field sites to resolve problems, explore design alternatives and provide information.
- Preparing change requests, requisitions, work orders, parts lists, laboratory and product evaluation requests and reporting as directed by project leaders to assure that engineering projects remain on schedule.
- Becoming familiar with CNH Standards and ISO Procedures and Work Instructions; completing CAD (Pro-E) and computer training to gain proficiency required for assigned responsibilities.
- Keeping informed of engineering and agricultural technological developments, and evolving field practices through field contacts, attending meetings and maintaining membership in technical societies.
- Creating Statements of Work and managing purchased projects
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in BS Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering, or similar.
- Minimum of 6 years of Mechanical Design experience, or similar.
- Experience with project management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience with personal computers and MS Office products.
- Ability to travel to field test sites worldwide for 2 - 6 weeks per year as required.
- Familiarity with Pro-E, FMEA, QFD, DOE, Robust Design, FEA, TQM, Pugh Concept selection, and test procedures.
- Experience in the use and service of large Agricultural equipment and in the design/development of Combine Harvesters.
CNH Global N.V. is a world leader in the agricultural and construction equipment businesses. Supported by more than 11,600 dealers in approximately 170 countries, CNH brings together the knowledge and heritage of its Case and New Holland brand families with the strength and resources of its worldwide commercial, industrial, product support and finance organizations. CNH Global N.V., whose stock is listed at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CNH), is a majority-owned subsidiary of Fiat Industrial S.p.A (FI.MI) CNH is an equal opportunity employer.
The objective of the Company is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, the best qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and any additional status protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws.