- Prepare and complete designs, layouts, drawings for specific elements of products being developed and/or improved per project plan/schedule consistent with assigned project and product line objective.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques and consider Manufacturing/Purchasing processes and technology to produce cost effective designs considering applicable safety and environmental regulations and standards.
- Request support from and provide necessary inputs to Engineering Services to ensure timely completion of project elements, to resolve problems and obtain information for optimum design.
- Perform engineering calculations or utilize analysis tools such as FEA to determine the size and strength of parts, solve design problems and check computations contributing to analytical designs.
- Resolve functional and mechanical problems on assigned elements of projects.
- Travel to plants, supplier facilities and field test locations to participate in the product evaluation process and to resolve problems, investigate functional issues, explore design alternatives and provide manufacturing support.
- Some overseas travel may be required.
- Prepare change requests, material requisitions, work orders, parts lists, product evaluation requests and reports as directed by project leaders to assure that all required documentation necessary for the fabrication and evaluation of prototypes, and for launching new products into production and on schedule is provided.
- Become familiar with and adhere to CNH Standards and Procedures, CNH corporate HR and behavior policies, and ISO processes where applicable. Utilize Computer Aided Design systems such as Pro-E, and database management systems such as PDM and Team Center to complete designs. Participate in software, policy and procedure training as required to maintain/increase technical proficiency and stay up-to-date on corporate policies.
- Stay informed of engineering and agricultural technological developments, and evolving field practices through field contacts, attending meetings and maintaining membership in technical societies.
- BS Agricultural or Mechanical Engineer. 6 - 10 years professional working experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Good computer skills. The candidate should be experienced with personal computers and MS Office products.
- Experience in the use and service of agricultural harvesting equipment, and with harvesting practices and agricultural commodities is preferred. Previous experience in the design/development of combine and headers is desirable.
- Must be available to travel to manufacturing plants and field test sites worldwide for 2 - 6 weeks per year as required.
- Proficient user of Pro-E/PDM/TC, and familiar with development tools such as FMEA, QFD, DOE, Robust Design, FEA, TQM, Pugh Concept selection, and test procedures is desirable.
CNH Global N.V. is a world leader in the agricultural and construction equipment businesses. Supported by more than 11,600 dealers in approximately 170 countries, CNH brings together the knowledge and heritage of its Case and New Holland brand families with the strength and resources of its worldwide commercial, industrial, product support and finance organizations. CNH Global N.V., whose stock is listed at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CNH), is a majority-owned subsidiary of Fiat Industrial S.p.A (FI.MI) CNH is an equal opportunity employer.
The objective of the Company is to recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, the best qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information and any additional status protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws.